She rocks and here is why:
- Mayer received her B.S. in Symbolic Systems, graduating with honors, and M.S. in Computer Science from Stanford University.
- She specializes in artificial intelligence (AI).
- In 2009, the Illinois Institute of Technology granted Mayer an honoris causa doctorate degree honoring her work in the field of search.
- Mayer was the first female engineer hired at Google and one of their first 20 employees, joining the company in early 1999.
- Prior to joining Google, Mayer worked at the UBS research lab (Ubilab) in Zurich, Switzerland, and at SRI International in Menlo Park, California.
- Fortune magazine lists her as one of the 50 most powerful women in the world and the youngest woman ever to make the list!!
As I always mention, IT is much more than fixing computers.
Thanks Marissa for keeping IT cool!