I got my iPhone 2.0, how about you.

Well almost. I have the iPhone 1.0 with the 2.0 firmware installed. Installation was smooth, the only hickup was re-activation. It took about a half hour to re-activate with AT&T. Seems AT&T was overwelmed with new iPhone subscriptions. Once I re-activated, I couldn't wait to check it out.

The Appstore is everything I hoped it would be. I downloaded twitter, facebook,Loopt, and a few other applications. The installation went well. Loopt is pretty cool as it uses cellphone towers to guess your location. It does a pretty good job, much better than the built in maps application. I also downloaded Where. This handy app locates starbucks, cheap gas, zip cars, concert events, resturants, and other cool places.

The Microsoft Exchange active sync works just like its Windows Mobile counterpart. Calendars, Contacts, and push mail are a breese. Unlike the Windows Mobile active sync, iPhone's active sync doesn't have a problem with my self signed ssl certs!

Pandora is an app I use on my Macbook and it works pretty much the same way on the iPhone. Music is good over the Edge, will have to ask my 3G counterparts for their experience.

So far so good with 2.0!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did something kind of a big. Applied for a Doctorate program @ GWU's Graduate School of Education and Human Development (GSEHD)

The Internet is my Application!

The Business Value(s) of Social Networking Sites